Here are some of my favorite things I found around the internet this week:
- I was perusing the Rookie archives and stumbled upon this article, which struck such a nerve. I find my confidence only grows as I get older, particularly when it comes to the way I dress and the things I like, but I still struggle to share my work and to be openly creative. I love to read others’ perspective on this and find that (as is pretty much always the case) I’m not alone.
- If you’re a fan of Serial, you’ve probably read The Intercept’s interviews with Jay Wilds and prosecutor Kevin Ulrick and are aware of the controversy drummed up by the bizarrely adversarial tone of the interviewers and their petulant reaction to criticism on Twitter. This article sums up my reaction quite nicely.
- Linda Holmes wrote a hilarious summary of the trailer for the upcoming J Lo flick, The Boy Next Door.
- I read Still Alice a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. This profile of the upcoming film based on the novel has me really excited to check it out.
- Miranda July has a new book coming out!
- I’m a sucker for any article that links Fraggle Rock to literature.
- Not something I found, but something happening this week: A couple weeks ago my husband and I were talking about classic films we really should have already watched and decided to make that a thing in 2015. I bought him this book for Christmas last year and we have yet to really try out any of the concoctions, so we decided to pair the two and host weekly movie nights for us and anyone else who would like to partake. We’re calling it “Classics & Cocktails” and tonight is the premiere! Our first selection none other than the crème de la crème of cinema, Citizen Kane.
Happy perusing and happy weekend!