I’m not always great about following through with standard New Years resolutions, but I am pretty good about meeting reading goals. This year I decided to take it a step further and make specific goals beyond just “read X number of books.”
So, here are my 10 Reading Resolutions for 2015:
- Cut back on buying books. Either check them out from the library or read books I own but haven’t already read.
- Join BookTube! (I actually wanted to join last year but I’m waiting for my husband to get a new laptop instead of buying a webcam and editing software.)
- Host a monthly book club.
- Read 100 books.
- Read In Search of Lost Time series.
- Read A Hundred Years of Solitude. This is my husband’s favorite book and I’ve been meaning to read it since he finished it a couple years ago and continues to rave about it. I’d like to attempt to read it in Spanish, but we’ll see how that goes.
- Read a poetry collection from an unknown to me poet.
- Read a biography.
- Read a Sci-Fi novel. (I’m leaning toward The Martian by Andy Weir.)
- Read 1 book each month from the Modern Library 100 Best Novels list:
- Ulysses by James Joyce
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac (this is actually a re-read, but I purchased The Original Scroll last year and still haven’t read it)
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- IT by Stephen King
- The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles
Wish me luck!