Here are my favorite things I found around the internet this week:
- I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos recently and my subscriptions list is skyrocketing. My current favorite channel is probably Marinashutup and I have lost count of how many times I’ve viewed this video. And I still laugh until I can’t breathe.
- Speaking of laughing until I can’t breathe, these two best of vine videos put me in THE BEST MOOD the other day.
- I’m not participating in the Booktubeathon by vlogging (maybe next year), but I am participating by reading my butt off, and I’ve really enjoyed watching everyone’s videos this week. And Booktube videos in general. Watching people get excited about reading is kind of the best thing.
- A really great article on why libraries are not a “Netflix for books.”
- Speaking of subscription services, Amazon announced Kindle Unlimited today.
- I’m going to pat myself on the back for a moment. I’ve recently been combing through blogs that I’ve kept over the past decade in an effort to clean them up and close some of them. It was really interesting to see how my thoughts and writing have changed over time. I kept a travel blog of a backpacking trip I took weeks to Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Italy and Spain in 2011, and the idea of being finished with writing about the experience made me sad, so I let the blog linger. But doing so bugged me, so I finally put my grown ass woman pants on and finished it up this week. I also re-blogged some of my favorite personal posts on my life blog. It feels really good to not have my thoughts scattered all over the place.
Happy perusing and happy weekend!