Here are my favorite things I found around the internet this week:
- I really related to this short article about parasocial interactions. It reminded me of my favorite quote from the Harry Potter series: “of course it’s happening inside your head, Harry, but why should that mean it isn’t real?”
- This is a though-provoking video. Without even getting into the ethics of the food industry, as a recent marketing grad, I’ve never been more aware of my own reactions as I walk through a store or see an advertisement and realize how susceptible I am to tricks and techniques. It’s really obvious advice, but everyone should read labels, but then do research on products you buy (especially regularly), and use your head.
- It’s probably weird that I had almost the exact same reaction as this little girl when we got our sweet Canelo last year.
- Linda Holmes (of one of my favorite podcasts, Pop Culture Happy Hour) wrote a sweet piece on “Book Girls.”
- Like many, Stephen Colbert is not exactly thrilled with Amazon these days.
- This is a pretty great roundup of book lists if you’re looking for something to read this summer.
Happy perusing and happy weekend!