Here are my favorite things I found around the internet this week:
- First Veronica Mars and now Reading Rainbow?! Oh Kickstarter, be still my heart.
- You’ve probably heard about the dispute between Amazon and Hachette. But if you haven’t, or simply want more depth on the issue, this is a pretty great summary of what’s happening and why it matters.
- A thought-provoking read on the rise and fall of Tom Cruise.
- David Sedaris (& others) tell you what to read this summer.
- I think I found a new favorite Etsy shop.
- The Rumpus has a great column called “The Last Book I Loved.” This week it featured a book I really loved.
- A moving piece on the power of #YesAllWomen.
- What did you think about the mid-season finale of Mad Men?
- Television Without Pity is closing tomorrow (SOBS), and while the forums are going offline, you can still read recaps of most of the shows you discover on Netflix.
- Thankfully, the founders of TWOP had already started a new website and many users have been flocking to its forums.
- The power of a book-mobile.
Happy perusing and happy weekend!